Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Introduction in the investigative internet training



My name is Flora Rugashoborola. I am a journalist by profession working as a News Editor of Star TV. It is a private media company located in Mwanza city. I have more than eighty years working experience in this career.


For this week starting from 22nd to 28th October, 2012 I will be in Dar es Salaam attending Training on investigative internet journalism for journalists in Tanzania. It is a three days workshop starting from 24th to 26th October, 2012 at Tanzania Global Development Learning Centre (TGDLC) at the Institute of Financial Management (IFM). This training is organized by MISA Tanzania in collaboration with VIKES Foundation with support from the Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. The facilitator is Mr. Johansson Peik a senior journalist from Finland.


My expectation on this training are:
  • To increase my knowledge and skills on investigating news and information through the internet by sharing ideas with facilitator and my colleagues. (Participatory approach).
  • To know more on how to get depth information background (fact finding)
  • To get more search engines (new insights) for investigating stories.
  • To open a new blog for publishing online searched stories.
  • To create many social networks.
  • To practice more investigative fact finding through the philosophy of training; “Learning by doing”

All in all, I expect to share this knowledge with my colleagues at Star TV so that they can also benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment